Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.Now I am in Philadelphia, visiting my wonderful sister, brother-in-law, and little nephew.
- Søren Kierkegaard
|my little nephew|
I have received more details regarding my training:
- We fly into Casablanca and drive to Rabat, where we will be staying at the Hotel Oscar for 9 days for orientation.
- After orientation, we split into three groups, which go to Fez, Azrou, and Immouzer.
- Those three groups split into smaller groups to begin CBT, or Community-based Training. CBT groups consist of 5 or 6 PCVs, working and training in an environment not too different from their ultimate assignment.
- Site announcements take place around the second week of May.
- Swearing-in takes place May 23 back in Rabat.
- I then go to my assigned community for a while (the "practicum phase") before returning to Rabat to debrief with in-service training. While pre-service training focuses mainly on language, culture, and staying alive, my impression is that in-service training focuses more on youth development, since by then I should have a good idea of what I want to do with my two years.
I am packed, positive, and ready to go. All that is left is to spend quality time with my family before my next adventure.